Click HERE for Registration Form
No pre-registration !
Registration Cost- $12.00 per Wiener Dog. (Entry fee includes entry into one race division, participation in the Wiener Costume Contest, entry into the fetch competition).
Payment- Checks or Cash only. Make checks payable to:
Registration begins at 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Features: Races, Obstacle Course Fun, Fetch Competition, Costume Contest, Vet Corner with special care issues for dachshunds, Blessing of the Pets, The Great Barkini’- pet fortunes, Wiener Dog Splash Pools, Water Slide, Food and Beverage Vendors, Wiener Dog Merchandise Tent, Wiener Dog Caricature Artist, Music and more. It will be a wienerful day!
This event is free admission for spectators and is
alcohol free and family friendly.
Categories: Prizes to the top best costumed wieners.
New parade procedures have been planned so everyone will be able to see the wieners in their costumes.
Celebrity Judges: Jessica Ralston (WSAZ)and Steve Bishop and Jenny Murray (V-100)
Wiener Dog Costume Contest Info. Wiener Dog Costume Contest 2014!
- Owner/Wiener Theme Costume
- Most Stylish Wiener
- Silliest/Funniest Costume - Male Wiener
- Silliest/Funniest Costume - Female Wiener
- Most Elaborate Costume
Your Wiener must enter a specific category.
Cash Prize galore.
Top Fetcher prize to the winner of the "Fetch the Ball" Race competition.
Every race entrant receives a gift bag.
Special Drawings for 50/50 and other gift certificates.
Information - Call Libby Ballard, Race Director at (304-541-5533) or
Pet Parade/Costume Contest: Your wiener can enter the parade/costume contest whether entered for a race or not. The entry fee is the same. Prizes will be awarded to the top dogs in each costume division:
****This is a rain or shine event for charity– No refunds*****
Race Rules and Regulations
- Must be a Wiener Dog. – This does not mean they have to be AKA registered. If their shot record from the vet indicates breed of dog as dachshund, - then it is a Wiener dog. If the dog has the breed characteristics of a Dachshund it will be considered a wiener dog. For the Mixed Breed Race the Dog must be at least part Dachshund but is allowed to have longer legs than is characteristic of Dachshunds.
- Please be sure your dog has had all required shots for it’s own protection.
- You may bring your dog’s favorite toy.
- No food (human or dog food) or other pets are allowed in immediate race area.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash and will be asked to leave if unruly.
- Owners are required to cleanup their dog’s accidents. Plastic bags available.
- Dogs and owners should be on their best behavior (i.e. no fighting or biting).
- Only two handlers in the race area per dog - one at start and one at finish line.
- No waving blankets or other large items. Squeek toys and small dog toys are allowed. Owners must not throw their dogs to start race. Release with hand out to sides for fair start. Allowed release method will be demonstrated.
- Races will be run in heats with the winner of each heat racing against the other heat winners in their division.
- No dogs not involved in the race and parade are permitted within the race area.
- No selling of puppies or adult dogs of any size or breed. There may be opportunities to adopt animals from pre-approved Rescue Organizations present.
- No wagering on races permitted.
- Proceeds go to West Side Main Street to be used for the development of a Charleston West Side Dog Park.
Obstacle Course Rules and Regulations
Billie Jean's story is one we all hope never to experience but the information
if life-saving to have.