Click HERE for Registration Form
All registration for races will be conducted on site at the races beginning at 9:00 am. Please print the registration form and have your form completed and signed before arriving to facilitate fast registration.
Races - $10
Costume Contest - $5
Frisbee and Fetch Competition - $5
All funds raised are a donation to help shelter animals at KCHA.
Payment- Checks or Cash only. Make checks payable to:
Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association
Features: Wiener Dog Races, Fetch Competition, Frisbee Contest, Races for all breeds by weight, Costume Contest, Vet Corner, Blessing of the Pets, The Great Barkini’- pet fortunes, Dog Splash Pools, Splash Park, Fun Dog Games and Contests, Food and Beverage Vendors, Dog Merchandise , Wiener Caricature Artist, Music and more. It will be a wienerful day!
This event is free admission for spectators and is
alcohol free and family friendly. The event is rain or shine and some races could be delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather.
Parade of the Wieners and Costume Judging
Costumes these are open and will be judged on originality and cuteness.
All costumed dogs will participate in a parade to show off their costumes to the crowd.
Celebrity Judges: Amanda Barren (WSAZ)and Steve Bishop and Jenny Murray (V-100) Jim Strawn and sponsor representatives.
Race Schedule: See Schedule Page
Cash Prizes and Merchandise. Raffles and special prizes.
Information - Call Libby Ballard, Race Director at (304-541-5533) or
****This is a rain or shine event for charity– No refunds*****
Race Rules and Regulations
- The Wiener Dog races are for Dachshunds only. Other races for all breeds are entered by weight. If the dog has the breed characteristics then it will be entered. Decisions about which races a dog is eligible to enter are at the discretion of the registration personnel. For the I Wanna be a Wiener Race the Dog must be at least part Dachshund but is allowed to have longer legs than is characteristic of Dachshunds.
- Please be sure your dog has had all required shots for it’s own protection.
- You may bring your dog’s favorite toy.
- No food (human or dog food) or other pets are allowed in immediate race area.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash and will be asked to leave if unruly.
- Owners are required to cleanup their dog’s accidents. Plastic bags available.
- Dogs and owners should be on their best behavior (i.e. no fighting or biting).
- Only two handlers in the race area per dog - one at start and one at finish line.
- No waving blankets or other large items. Squeek toys and small dog toys are allowed. Owners must not throw their dogs to start race. Release with hand out to sides for fair start. Allowed release method will be demonstrated.
- Races will be run in heats with the winner of each heat racing against the other heat winners in their division.
- No dogs not involved in the race and parade are permitted within the race area.
- No selling of puppies or adult dogs of any size or breed on the premises. There may be opportunities to adopt animals from pre-approved Rescue Organizations present.
- No wagering on races permitted.
- Proceeds go to the Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association to further their life-saving mission.
Billie Jean's story is one we all hope never to experience but the information
if life-saving to have.