Click HERE for Registration Form
Beginning June 8 all REGISTRATION is on site at event. Wiener Dog Race Registration from 9:00 am to 10:00 am.
All Breed Race registration begins at 10:30 am to noon.
Community Dog Show Registration Form
and Costume Parade registration at REGISTRATION TENT.
See categories on Registration form.
Races - $10
Community Dog Show - $5
All funds raised are a donation to help shelter animals at KCHA.
Payment- Checks or Cash only. Make checks payable to:
Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association
Features: Wiener Dog Races, Races for all breeds by weight, Costume Contest, Vet Corner, Blessing of the Pets, Dog Splash Pools, Fun Dog Games and Contests, Food and Beverage Vendors, Dog Merchandise , Obedience and Agility Demonstrations, Search & Rescue, Music and more. It will be a wienerful day!
This event is alcohol free and family friendly. The event is rain or shine and some races could be delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather.
Wiener Dog Costume Contest
Costumes will be judged on originality and cuteness. Owner/dog theme category.
All costumed dogs will participate in a parade to show off their costumes to the crowd.
Celebrity Judges: Amanda Barren (WSAZ)and Steve Bishop and Jenny Murray (V-100) Jim Strawn and sponsor representatives.
Race Schedule: See Schedule Page
Cash prize for 1st place in all divisions. Gift certificates or other prizes for runners up. Raffles and special prizes.
Information - Call Libby Ballard, Race Director at (304-541-5533) or
****This is a rain or shine event for charity– No refunds*****
Race Rules and Regulations
- The Wiener Dog races are for Dachshunds only. If the dog has the breed characteristics then it will be entered. Decisions about which races a dog is eligible to enter are at the discretion of the registration personnel. For the I Wanna be a Wiener Race the Dog must be at least part Dachshund but is allowed to have longer legs than is characteristic of Dachshunds.
- The Furry Frenzy, Boston Marathon and Labrador Divisions are by dog's weight. See Registration Page.
- Please be sure your dog has had all required shots for it’s own protection.
- You may bring your dog’s favorite toy.
- No food (human or dog food) or other pets are allowed in immediate race area.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash and will be asked to leave if unruly.
- Owners are required to cleanup their dog’s accidents. Plastic bags available.
- Dogs and owners should be on their best behavior (i.e. no fighting or biting).
- Only two handlers in the race area per dog - one at start and one at finish line.
- No waving blankets or other large items. Squeek toys and small dog toys are allowed. Owners must not throw their dogs to start race. Release with hand out to sides for fair start. Allowed release method will be demonstrated.
- Races will be run in heats with the winner of each heat racing against the other heat winners in their division.
- No dogs not involved in the race and parade are permitted within the race area.
- No selling of puppies or adult dogs of any size or breed on the premises. There may be opportunities to adopt animals from pre-approved Rescue Organizations present.
- No wagering on races permitted.
- Proceeds go to the Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association to further their life-saving mission.
Billie Jean's story is one we all hope never to experience but the information
if life-saving to have.